Show Dates: Tuesday, March 8th and Wednesday, March 9th
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 1st.
The Lethbridge Photography Club will once again be hosting PhotoFusion, two evenings of digital slideshows produced by our members. Our goal is to fill each evening with shows, which means a good hour-and-a-half to two-hours of program time, so we need your shows!
Whether you are presenting a show or not, do mark your calendar for at least one of these evenings, and come out and see what the other members are up to. Every year has been a wonderful success and we all look forward to the next.
The technical requirements are as follows:
- You must be a member of the Lethbridge Photography Club.
- Programs must be in a digital format. (ProShow, 1080 HD video, PowerPoint, etc.)
- We do not recommend DVDs since the resolution will be restricted to 640×480.
- If you would like to present a traditional film slideshow, please contact us ahead of time.
- Maximum show length is 6 minutes.
- Your program does not have to be a solo effort, you may collaborate with other photographers.
- Your program should be “tight” and well edited.
- Please take care in choosing your music if you intend to post your slideshow online after PhotoFusion (ie. on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Royalty-free or Creative Commons-licensed music would be the preferred option to avoid any potential copyright issues.
- If you can dream up a show and produce it we will probably show it. Please remember that PhotoFusion is a family-friendly event.
- Stop-motion shows are welcome.
- ProShow Gold is presently the program of choice for the majority of Club members for production and showing digital shows. ProShow only runs on Windows, though.
- Adobe Lightroom can also generate a slideshow and save it as a video file.
- If you use a Mac, iMovie would also be a viable option.
- If you are having problems with the creation of a show please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to put you in touch with someone to assist you. Don’t forget that YouTube can be a good resource for tutorials on nearly anything.
More details on the submission requirements can be found on our website, right here.
Ideally we’ll get enough entries to present different shows on each evening. If you have a collection of images why not put them together with some music and create a show for us!
To submit your show, please go to:
When you submit your show, we ask that you include a short a short description of your show and a very short biography/artist statement. These will be included in the show program and be read aloud before your show is presented. Each description should be about the length of this paragraph you’ve just read.
As well, if you have a specific evening you’d preferred to have your show presented, please let us know and we’ll ensure it gets shown on your requested evening.
We need your help! Time to give back to the Club
During intermission, we will be providing coffee and beverages. If you are planning on attending either evening and could bring a dozen cookies or squares, please let us know.
As well, for each show night we would like a volunteer run the doors. This means standing by the doors for the evening (and it is a great place to watch the shows) and making sure no one enters while the shows are being played. Then opening the doors after each show, and letting in the late-comers (and there are always lots). The door will be locked while the shows are playing to minimize interruptions and so the people there can enjoy the shows to their fullest. We will have signs on the doors letting the people out there waiting know that they must wait until we open the doors.