Well, it’s time to dust off the photos you have been creating this summer and get ready to show them to the rest of us.
Our first meeting of the new Club year will not be on the usual third-Thursday of the month due to conflicting schedules at CASA. Instead, we will be meeting on Wednesday, September 21st. We meet at CASA at 6:30pm.
The theme for the first meeting is “Open”, as in, anything goes. Paid members, or members intending to pay at the September meeting should have their images submitted by 11pm Sunday, September 11th. Check out our Monthly Theme page for more details.
We will have our usual theme assessment on Monday, September 12th in the small meeting room at CASA starting at 7pm. The more participants we have, the greater the range of opinions and perspective. All members are welcome.
Meetings for the rest of the year will continue to be held on the third Thursday of each month, as per usual.
To help you focus your creativity the upcoming themes are:
- September 21 – ’Open’
- October 21 – Different Perspectives of the High Level Bridge
- November 17 – Landscape (prints)
- December 15 – Close Up/Macro
- January 19 – Canadian
- February 16 – Black & White (prints)
- March 16 – Mirror Image
- April 20 – Coulees
- May 18 – Single/One
- June 15 – ’Open’ (print and digital)
As it is the beginning of a new year for the Club, your annual membership fees are now also due. Annual membership is $50 or $35 for students
Support your Club, join the Executive
At our annual general meeting, Thursday, October 20th, we will be accepting nominations for the board directors and for the position of President. Please consider putting your name forward. It is an interesting experience to contribute to the future of the Club.
For the 2017 club year, we will have several vacancies within the executive that need to be filled. The club needs your support to be able to function properly.
As well, we’ll be needing a volunteer to take on the task of running the laptop and projector at meetings.
Upcoming Field Trips
- Saturday, September 10th to Police Outpost Provincial Park (and wetlands). For those unfamiliar with the Park it is SW of Cardston and lies along the US border.
- Tuesday, September 27th (from 5:30 to 8:00) to the Nikka Yuko Japanese Gardens. The Gardens will be opened to Club members only. It will provide a chance to take advantage of the early fall evening light. A plus is that the admission will be free.
- Saturday, October 15th to the Crowsnast Pass. This is our Annual Gerry Lutwick Memorial Field Trip to the Pass. This year the trip will concentrate mainly on the west end of the Pass centred in and around Coleman.
See you all, new and old members alike, at the meeting.